Today I thought I’d jump on this Top 7 tag bandwagon, probably not authentically because I wasn’t exactly nominated but what the heck, I asked @mrsmummyharris if it’d be cool to join and she said “of course, jump in” so if anyone is reading this and wants to take part who hasn’t been tagged then feel free to use me as your excuse! 😀
So the main goal of this tag is to outline the following:
- Your Favourite 7 Posts from 2018.(They can be any posts at all that you are proud of.)
- 7 Things You Loved The Most About 2018.(Whether you visited somewhere, or just had one of those moments you will never forget, if you loved it, list it!)
- 7 Things You Are Looking Forward to in 2019.(Whether those plans are set in stone or you something you would like to do this year, share with us.)
- Tag 7 Bloggers to Take Part. (Share the love and tag 7 others who would like to take part.)
- Say Thanks (Link back to the person who tagged you and/or myself, so people know where to find the tag to join in too.)
Without further ado here is my Top 7:
My Favourite 7 Posts from 2018
- Sullivan’s Birth StoryThis, hands down is probably my most favorite blog posts of 2018 because it highlights how I was feeling during labour and the delivery, where it all started, and just the raw emotions from that time. It’s just lovely to go back and read how it all went and compare it to Logan’s birth story.
- How I’m finding life with 2 under 2 Funny looking back at this one because back then I thought it was challenging but now I am dealing with 2 under 3 and NOW the real challenge begins because I have a terrible 2 toddler and an almost walking, destructive 1 year old.
- A typical day in the life of 2 under 2This is one of my favorites from 2018 simply because I like to see how I managed in the early days and I like to think some of my tips and advice helped the newly 2 under 2 mums.
- How to entertain a toddler and a baby It’s so easy to stick your toddler in front of a tv screen while your seeing to the baby (which in most cases does end up happening, let’s be real) But it is important to get out of the house with both even if you don’t feel like it and you’re run down and tired from lack of sleep. You will feel loads better once you’ve taken that step and just gone for a walk out, be it to the corner shop, your mums or a baby group.
- Sullivan’s 3 month updateAnother favorite blog post of mine from 2018 has got to be Sully’s 3 month update because it was the last update I’d actually wrote while he was a baby before I took my blogging hiatus.
- Once upon a swipeI actually really love and am proud of this post because it actually took me ages to write since I’m practically pouring my fragile broken heart onto the screen for the world to see, well broken now exceptionally mended. And may I add that we’re still together and stronger than ever! <3
- Things I’ve learned since being a single mumAnother favorite post of mine from 2018 is probably this one since it was my last post of the year before Christmas and new year rolled around. And I just appreciate the confidence that has spilled out of me since becoming a single mum, some may never recover but some may take the opportunity to prove something to themselves and say “yes I can do this, I don’t need a man”. (Ben if you’re reading this, I do need you but what I mean is I’m capable of doing things myself equally)
7 Things I’ve Loved The Most About 2018
- Sully’s birth – This is an obvious one since it’s the birth of your child and second child at that. My head and emotions where all over the shop at this time since the break up from the kids dad. But I didn’t let that hold me back.
- Moving into my own house – As nice as it was living at home again, it did get stressful at times especially with all my brothers under same roof, plus a cat and dog. I was so excited when I got the phone call from local council housing office on Valentine’s Day of all days.
- Meeting Ben – This lad is definitely one of the best things to come out of 2018, he’s my Mr Right I know it! We have so much in common yet we’re so different, He’s grown to be a very important person in both mine and my boys life.
- Going to Porthmadog – Definitely a love of mine (when the weathers right of course) because we haven’t been able to go on a holiday for a few years, it’s nice to go away to the beach and show the boys and let them experience the seaside even if just for a few hours in the Summer.
- Logan’s 2nd birthday – I put this on the list because it was the first ever party I’d organised and the last one for a while. In hindsight I wish I’d have slightly altered how his party went since it was probably one of the hottest days of the year on his birthday and we had it in the bloody snooker club xD
- Logan starting flying start nursery – Felt like only yesterday I was feeding Logan formula and putting him to bed in a cot, taking him to baby groups and saying to the other mums “in a couple years he’ll be in nursery”, now we’re here and I can say this September he’ll be in nursery school and in a uniform and everything! I can not believe it, then Sully will be in flying start nursery next January! Time flies
- Christmas Day – Christmas 2018 was definitely an odd one for me because waking up in the morning, just me and the boys was quite bizarre, but FaceTiming Ben was lovely and boys got to wee their dad on FaceTime also, but the entire day was just lovely to be amongst family.
7 Things I’m Looking Forward to in 2019
- Holiday with Ben and the boys – This is something I am really liking forward to; it will definitely give me a taster for what’s to come for future years and summers ahead as a little family.
- Blogging more – I know I’ve said this many times in previous blog posts, which is why I’m not going to put pressure on it but if and when the next point happens I’ll be in a much more stable situation and be able to blog a lot more.
- Saving up for a new pc – Related to the last point, I would very much like to save up for a new PC/ Laptop so that I can blog and blog again. Plus I kinda miss playing World of Warcraft.
- Worrying less – I do have a tendency to worry and overthink a lot so this year I’m going to “try” and worry less and just go with the flow without worrying about silly things.
- Decorating bedrooms – sounds silly but can’t wait to decorate mine and the boys rooms, I’m going to make it my summer mission to turn the boys room into a little boys room as apposed to it being a nursery/baby room, as we they don’t stay little forever.
- Metallica uk gig with Ben – June can’t come quick enough and I’m so excited, it’s not set in stone yet since I’ve not sorted baby sitters for the boys but I’m hoping their dad can have them for me or my mum. Either way I really can’t wait to experience a gig with Ben, something I’ve not done before🤘🏻
7 Bloggers to take part
Nicola over at iamcrabstix.com
Nicola over at mummytodex.com
Elle over at ellexmay.com
Lisa at ohluna.co.uk
Nadine over at thenibecamemum.com
But anyone is welcome to take part, you don’t need me to tag you! 🙂
What are your top 7 moments from 2018? Feel free to share them and tag me over on twitter using alt @wrexhammama