Sweet Potato is one ingredient I’ve yet to try with Logan until today, and if I’m honest, myself or rob haven’t tried it either. So, today I decided to make these sweet potato Pancakes. I was inspired to make these by the amazing Nicola over at MummyToDex, you can check out her version of this recipe here.
Sweet Potato Pancake Ingredients:
- 1 or 2 sweet potatoes (depending on size)
- 1 egg
- Ground cinnamon (Optional)
How to Cook:
These sweet potato pancakes are really easy to make and take up no time at all, these are great for batch making and freezing for up to 3 weeks.
- Firstly peel and chop 1 or 2 sweet potatoes into reasonably small chunks, depending on how big or small the potato is, for this I only used 1 as I wasn’t sure how well they would go down with Logan. And didn’t want to waste potatoes just in case i burnt them xD
- The next step, you can either steam the chunks or boil them it’s up to you (Steaming them is quicker) but I boiled mine as I don’t have a steamer.
- Once the Sweet potatoes have cooked until tender, drain them and mash with a fork or blend with a blender, which is what I used, then add your egg and stir it in. After the egg has been mixed, you can now add your ground cinnamon (this part is optional but i thought it would add a nice flavour)
- The next thing to do is heat up some butter in a pan over a medium to high heat, i used this fry light oil but I’m not devoted to it, I just wanted to use it up.
- You can then add your dollops of Sweet potato mixture to the pan, I made mine quite big I think was the best way to go as when they are handled by my very messy 9-month-old, they break instantly, but it’s your choice.
- I would advise you leave the pancakes cooking for at least 2-4 minutes on each side or until you can easy slide the spatula underneath the pancake without it falling apart. If it does start to stick, back off and wait a little while longer! (You eager beaver )
And there you have it, easy peasy sweet potato pancakes for your little one to enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe if you did you can find my other recipes here.
#FoodieFriday, if you want to take part then simply grab a badge and link up any food related post. ✨